Thursday, September 23, 2010

Christ is all

"O LOVER TO THE UTTERMOST,
May I read the meltings of Your heart to me
in the manger of Your birth,
in the garden of Your agony,
in the cross of Your suffering,
in the tomb of Your resurrection, 
in the heaven of Your intercession. 
Bold in this thought I defy my adversary,
tread down his temptations,
resist his schemings,
renounce the world,
am valiant for truth.
Deepen in me a sense of my holy relationship to You,
as spiritual Bridegroom,
as Holy Healer,
as sinners' friend.
I think of Your glory and my vileness, 
Your majesty and my meanness,
Your beauty and my deformity,
Your purity and my filth,
Your righteousness and my iniquity.
You have loved me everlastingly, unchangeably,
may I love You as I am loved;
You have given Yourself for me,
may I give myself to You;
You have died for me,
may I live to You,
in every moment of my time,
in every moment of my mind,
in every pulse of my heart.
May I never dally with the world and its allurements,
but walk by Your side,
listen to Your voice,
be clothed with Your grace,
and adorned with Your righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment