Wednesday, March 24, 2010

lovelovelove

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9 NIV)
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. (NASB)
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. (ESV)
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. (NLT)


I know you've probably read/heard this verse a hundred times but read it anew in context to Romans 12:9. When I try to love others by my own strength and without God I miss the heart of it. If I love others just to love them, so they'll love me back or so I feel better about myself, I am a hypocrite. It is insincere, in-genuine, worthless. A sincere love, a genuine love is by the grace of Jesus. The truth of HIS love for mankind fills our hearts to overflowing so that the only thing we can do is act in love. I pray that this will be true in all our lives.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 
-Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment