Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jesus has risen and He is coming again!

"The wedding of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready." -Rev 19:4-8
From Beth Moore's book Breaking, Free chapter 24 "To Be a Bride"
"We will be eternal brides:
We won't just be part of a beautiful ceremony. We will be the bride of Christ. God's Word doesn't imply that we are to make ourselves ready for the wedding, but for the Groom.


Remember, an important part of making ourselves ready is studying and knowing our Groom. Verses 1-12 of Psalm 45 contain intimate descriptions of the Groom:
vs. 11- We can't help but love Him, for He loves us: "The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your Lord". 
vs. 2- We cannot help but respect Him for His character: "You are the most excellent of men and your lips have been anointed with grace."
vs. 4- We stand in complete awe of Him: "In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility, and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds."
vs. 7- We experience complete joy in Him: "You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

Christ will be the fullness of splendor and beauty when we see Him. Think of Him coming for His bride. He longs to see her face and hear her voice. The intimacy we will share with Christ is beyond our comprehension. We do not know what form it will take. We simply know that we will experience oneness with Him in complete holiness and purity. 




Behold your Groom. He's the One for whom you're preparing. Make yourself ready!
 "Because He inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call on Him as long as I live". Ps. 116:2
"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake I shall be satisfied with your likeness." Ps. 17:15
"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Ps. 73:28

No comments:

Post a Comment