Friday, April 16, 2010

Intimacy with Jesus



Intimacy with God grows through sharing every realm of experience. I’ve wept bitterly with Him. I’ve screamed in frustration. Sometimes I thought He was going to break my heart in two. But I’ve also laughed out loud with Him. Wept with unspeakable joy. Left the chair and gone to my knees in awe. Squealed with excitement.
I have been to every extreme and back with God. But if I had to define my relationship with Him by one general statement, I would tell you that He is the absolute joy of my life. I don’t just love Him. I love loving Him.


Please hear my heart: the greatest joy in my life is the very thing I have deserved the least. I consider the ability to love Him and enjoy Him an absolute gift of grace...one He will gladly extend to anyone who offers his or her whole heart. –Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment