Thursday, March 18, 2010

THANKFUL for the men in my life





I am so incredibly blessed to have a brother and dad who love Jesus, who are:
"...temperate (cool, calm, not violent), dignified (noble, honored), sensible (perceptive), sound (whole, healthy, founded in truth) in faith, in love , in perseverance." -Titus 2:2
"...respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious (inclined to fight), but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money...(my dad is) one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)...have a good reputation with those outside the church..." -2 Tim 2:2-7.
Not to mention hilarious, adventerous, crazy, great dancers, and great cooks...I could go on but this is getting pretty long.
They are my protectors and I see many attributes of God in them.

Taylor is "a friend who loves at all times, and a brother who is born for adversity".-Pro. 17:17
My dad is a man who's ways are pleasing to the Lord, that "even his enemies are at peace with him". -Pro 16:7
They are men of wisdom, love, and honor. There are so many other men who I know, and am thankful for, who have these same qualities. Thank you for seeking Jesus everyday and encouraging everyone around you.
You da men!!

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God." -Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment